eBackpack is seeking an imaginative and motivated .Net developer to own eBackpack’s Windows 8.1 App as a member of its mobile development team. The key focus will be to add enhanced functionality and components such as Calendar, automated Test & Quiz, and enhanced content creation functionality. This is a fantastic opportunity to build an innovative product that is changing the way technology is used in the classroom. eBackpack is a profitable start-up software-as-a-service company within the education sector that provides workflow solutions for the full range of modern classrooms, including those with iOS, Android, or Windows 8 tablets.
What you will be doing:
- Owning eBackpack’s Windows 8.1 platform. You will be the primary Windows 8.1 developer and the go to person regarding the platform.
- Be an active member of a mobile development team working on iOS, Android, and Windows 8.1
- Iteratively build out features based on general concepts and designs.
- Working with the backend and mobile teams to define new API as required.
- Using cutting-edge technologies and choosing the best for for the job.
- Contributing thoughts and ideas on how to improve eBackpack and executing on them.
- Making a real impact on the way students and teachers collaborate.
- Working with a great group of people in a friendly, high-throughput environment.
- Writing elegant, scalable code with an appropriate level of supporting test coverage.
What is in it for you:
- Base salary commensurate with abilities, incentive pay, holidays, paid time off and much more.
- Highly competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k benefit options
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and expand your current skill set. We are looking for team members who want to bring something great to the product and have a genuine interest in improving classroom workflow.
- See your ideas adopted into the products and help change the way students and teachers work.
- Opportunity for growth. This is a full-time, permanent position. We are looking for long-term hires.
What you need to apply:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- At least two years of professional development experience creating Android apps from start to finish.
- C# .Net proficiency.
- Experience or a strong interest in:
- Integrating Windows 8.1 apps with JSON web APIs
- Using local device storage
- Push and local notifications
- Control external display capabilities (for presentations, etc.)
- Hybrid interactions between native and web technologies
- Integrating with 3rd party services including Google Apps, Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive
- Desire to work closely as part of a mobile team with iOS and Android development.
- Bonus points for experience with other mobile platforms.
- Java, XAML, or Objective-C experience or interest a plus
- Self-starter attitude, with the ability to take an idea and run it to completion.
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We do not provide sponsorship at this time.
Your resume and information will be kept completely confidential. We will never post your resume, contact your current employer or send your resume anywhere without your permission.
We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Local candidates only. NO AGENCIES.
For immediate considerations, please email your resume and salary requirements to careers@…. We’d love to see any links to your previous work as well as links to your GitHub account and any open-source project you may have contributed to in the past.