Inside Sales & Business Development Executive
eBackpack, based in Rockwall, TX is seeking full-time, remote Inside Sales team members. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an innovative product that is changing the way technology is used in the classroom. eBackpack is a profitable start-up software-as-a-service company within the education sector that provides workflow solutions for the full range of modern classrooms, including those with iOS or Android tablets.
What you will be doing:
- Building and managing a full, successful sales pipeline from prospecting leads to closing sales
- Exceeding sales goals by advancing sales and building customer relationships to expand eBackpack’s market penetration
- Working with sales prospects to sell eBackpack’s products and drive new business relationships
- Identifying and finding new leads through email, phone, and social prospecting
- Creating and executing strategic sales and marketing plans in conjunction with sales management
- Leveraging existing customers for new opportunities
- Closing sales and following up post sale to achieve referrals, grow existing business and ensure customer satisfaction
- Educating customers on eBackpack’s product and training offerings, pricing, and technical requirements in a consultative, thought leadership style
- Providing web-based demos and conducting online meetings
- Participating in industry events and trade shows (minimal travel)
- Delivering accurate sales forecasts and other required reports to sales management
- Documenting sales opportunities, leads, communications, and activities in a CRM
- Demonstrating teamwork through sharing best practices and collaborating with cross functional teams
- Making a real impact on the way students and teachers collaborate
- Having fun with great group of people in a friendly, high throughput environment
What is in it for you:
- Base salary + Uncapped Commission + Bonus tied to driving new business.
- Compensation package includes holidays, paid time off, 401K with company match, and dental & vision insurance coverage.
- Home based position with occasional travel into schools and school districts locally.
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and expand your current skill set. We are looking for team members who want to bring something great to the product and have a genuine interest in improving classroom workflow.
- See your ideas adopted into the products and help change the way students and teachers work.
- Opportunity for growth. This is a full-time, permanent position. We are looking for long-term hires.
What you need to apply:
- Consultative sales and relationship building experience. This is a sales position and you need to be able to sell.
- Technology savvy. You should be comfortable with email, CRM systems, pipeline reporting, web-based demonstrations, and calling people you do not know. You should know and understand the concepts of files, folders, computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
- You should be adept at solving your own issues, researching solutions, addressing the needs of customers, and asking for help when needed.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral); you will receive general direction and be expected to get the job done with high quality in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated, hard worker, attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple projects, strong organizational skills, and a passion for multiple aspects of customer service and account management
- Willingness to thoroughly learn the eBackpack solutions and provide outstanding customer experiences
- Self-starter attitude, with the ability to take an idea and run it to completion.
- Creative risk taker with a proven ability to reflect and analyze past strategies and tactics to improve future direction and outcomes
- High degree of passion for the improvement of education, trust, integrity and commitment to exceed customer expectations
- Background in education, educational sales, and/or SaaS sales is a big plus
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We do not provide sponsorship.
Your resume and information will be kept completely confidential. eBackpack will never post your resume, contact your current employer or send your resume anywhere without your permission.
We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Local candidates only. NO AGENCIES.
For immediate considerations, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.