What you will be doing:
- Overhauling the current web apps to be entirely API driven and provide a modern feel to the existing design. Use existing API or work with the the Ruby and Mobile teams to define new API as required.
- Using cutting-edge technologies and choosing the best tool for the job including work with jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, Dojo, and Ember.js.
- Contributing thoughts and ideas on how to improve eBackpack and executing on them.
- Making a real impact on the way students and teachers collaborate.
- Working with a great group of people in a friendly, high-throughput environment.
- Writing elegant, scalable code with an appropriate level of supporting test coverage.
What is in it for you:
- Base salary commensurate with abilities, incentive pay, holidays, paid time off and much more.
- Highly competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k benefit options
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and expand your current skill set. We are looking for team members who want to bring something great to the product and have a genuine interest in improving classroom workflow.
- See your ideas adopted into the products and help change the way students and teachers work.
- Opportunity for growth. This is a full-time, permanent position. We are looking for long-term hires.
What you need to apply:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- At least five years of professional development experience.
- Experience designing elegant websites.
- Experience or a strong interest in:
- API Driven interfaces
- UI Design
- Bonus points for:
- Highly interactive or single-page application experience.
- Other technologies or platforms (Win8 / .NET, Mac / Cocoa, WebDAV, iOS / XCode, Android / Java, Ruby)
- Self-starter attitude, with the ability to take an idea and run it to completion.
There is a fair amount of client-side development with this position and our users range widely in technical skill; please apply if you enjoy designing and implementing easy-to-use user experiences.
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We do not provide sponsorship at this time.
Your resume and information will be kept completely confidential. We will never post your resume, contact your current employer or send your resume anywhere without your permission.
We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Local candidates only. NO AGENCIES.
For immediate considerations, please email your resume and salary requirements to careers @… We’d love to see any links to your previous work as well as links to your GitHub account and any open-source project you may have contributed to in the past.