eBackpack is seeking a dynamic, full-stack ruby on rails developer. The primary focus will be on backend data structure and API development with occasional support of front end web development. This is a great opportunity to build an innovative product that is changing the way technology is used in the classroom. eBackpack is a profitable start-up software-as-a-service company within the education sector that provides workflow solutions for the modern classroom.
What you will be doing:
- Creating data structures, API, and interfaces for a site that routinely handles 10,000 requests per minute.
- Working with front end designers and native client developers to specify and implement data structures and API for new functionality such as Calendar, automated Test & Quiz, user website creation tools, and enhanced content creation functionality. Adding new features from concept through design, implementation, and testing.
- Developing new integrations with third party APIs.
- Implementing API for existing web functionality so that it may be transferred to mobile clients.
- Ensuring APIs have appropriate test coverage.
- Using cutting-edge technologies and choosing the best tool for the job.
- Contributing thoughts and ideas on how to improve eBackpack and executing on them.
- Making a real impact on the way students and teachers collaborate.
- Working with a great group of people in a friendly, high-throughput environment.
- Writing elegant, scalable code with an appropriate level of supporting test coverage.
What is in it for you:
- Base salary commensurate with abilities, incentive pay, holidays, paid time off and much more.
- Highly competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k benefit options
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and expand your current skill set. We are looking for team members who want to bring something great to the product and have a genuine interest in improving classroom workflow.
- See your ideas adopted into the products and help change the way students and teachers work.
- Opportunity for growth. This is a full-time, permanent position. We are looking for long-term hires.
What you need to apply:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- At least two years of professional development experience.
- Ruby and Database proficiency.
- Experience or a strong interest in:
- CRuby or other alternative Ruby implementations
- NoSQL databases and their Ruby/Rails counterparts. Bonus points for experience with MongoDB.
- SQL databases and their Ruby/Rails counterparts. Bonus points for experience with Postgresql.
- Leveraging Open Source components.
- Integrating various technologies to produce an all-encompassing solution
- Bonus points for other technologies or platforms (.NET, iOS, Mac / Cocoa, WebDAV)
- Self-starter attitude, with the ability to take an idea and run it to completion.
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We do not provide sponsorship at this time.
Your resume and information will be kept completely confidential. We will never post your resume, contact your current employer or send your resume anywhere without your permission.
We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Local candidates only. NO AGENCIES.
For immediate considerations, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to see any links to your previous work as well as links to your GitHub account and any open-source project you may have contributed to in the past.